Thursday, November 2, 2017

Thank Goodness

We have internet again!!  A sigh of relief is felt all around.  It is slow.  So very slow - a lot like dial up, but once it loads, it is good to go. 

I am sicker than a dog still - today I feel like I took a step back.  I am really dragging.  I am at the point in the cold where my nose is completely clogged while I am sitting, but starts to clear when I am walking around.  Only, I feel like crap while walking around and I get to where I have to sit down or I feel like I will pass out, then the stuffiness comes back.  Frustrating, but this too shall pass.

I hit the ground running with work - I have 6 quilts and a pillow to get done before Christmas - plus another quilt or two coming in for sure.  So far, only one person has minded the drive.  I am not giving in to meet people though - they can come to me or not.  There is always someone else who will, so I am not going to drive all over meeting people.

Even though me and the kids are sick and life has stopped, even though boxes are still unpacked, even though we are a mess, I love having a home again.  One where I can relax while feeling this crappy, and so can the kids.  We have an uphill battle to go, but it is just a small battle.  The war has been won.

I will leave you with this funny.

View from my kitchen window

Yesterday, the Tanks Alot company came and cleaned out this portable toilet.  It has been here, with no workers on site for 3 weeks.  I thought, as the truck pulled away, " Well, there is nothing like chopping vegetables while looking at the crapper!" 

4 comments:

  1. I managed to get through my first October in years without being ill and taking antibiotics all month. Hey, good view from the window...funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for internet!!!! I hope you feel better soon. There is nothing like having your own home/space.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Slow internet is better than no internet LOL. The last line made me laugh :) Hope you are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with One Family. Slow internet is still better than no internet! Enjoy that view! Lol

    ReplyDelete

Namaste