Friday, November 17, 2017

Company's here!

My sweet DS#2 come home last night.  DS#1 came to visit with him and they went riding around - ah, youth.  DS#2 came home sick, with a duffle full of laundry.  LOL

I stuffed him with soup, some medicine, the neti pot, helped him start his clothes, made him take a shower, then he felt better.  He said our new place smelled like home.  Isn't that just the sweetest thing!?!

I am letting all the kiddos sleep in this morning, so I can go a little slow.  I need to work, but I am having a hard time getting started because a friend from elementary is coming in this weekend!  I have not talked to her in at least 10 years and have not seen her in 25 years.  Should be interesting.  I am not sure what we have in common anymore.

However, she said she was willing to help me out in any way since I have been so stressed lately.  I am going to put her to work (not really).

Tomorrow, I think we will shop at an antique type store I have been dying to go to - their sign says, "If you like Chip and Joanna, You will Love Us!  We're cheaper!"  Cracks me up.  We went to Waco and stopped by their store - Magnolia.  It is very expensive and crowded oh man.  There was a waiting line to get into the store!

Anyway, I would go there, then to Hobby Lobby for a few Christmas things - taking advantage of the sale and coupon, then go see Bad Moms Christmas.  Having lunch along the way.  Then back to the house, for time in the hot tub and just visiting. 

Then on Sunday, I was going to have her help decorate with us.  Or make something for her grandkids (embroidery wise).

I am not a go-go-go out and about person.  I am a homebody.  

Luckily, we have a lot to catch up on, so I don't think there will be lingering lulls in the conversation. 

What all are y'all up to this weekend?

4 comments:

  1. I would love to go poke around Chip and Joanna's store. Probably just as well it isn't even close to where I live! Lol I think it will be fun to catch up with an old friend. How did the two of you reconnect?

    This weekend I'll be putting in a few hours at my part-time job and also plan on working on my business.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We reconnected over Facebook, but we semi kept in touch while I still lived close to her, but I moved away. She somehow got my phone number once, but it wasn't until Facebook that we stayed in contact.

      I need a working weekend. I am very behind on work and need to work on a plan going forward as well! I did change the business address this morning - it was a big deal because the tax rate is lower.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a lovely weekend. Love the bag full of laundry. I have lived those years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for family!! I will be spending my weekend getting ready for Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

Namaste