Saturday, September 16, 2017

Busy Saturday - Going to Town!

Since DH is gone this weekend at his step-father's funeral, the weekend happenings fell to me.  Most of the time, it is a divide and conquer, but I was alone this time.

So, I woke up and damn, no coffee and I SUCK at making a pot.  All I can say is thank goodness for the Kuerig.  The coffee was strong, but it made the morning better.

Then I cleaned the kitchen, put on a load of towels, straighten up my office getting ready for a customer, prepped for the day into town.

I woke the kids up, so they could get breakfast and dressed for the upcoming day.  My customer and her mother got here on time (thankfully), and when they left, we immediately had to leave.

On the way to drop DD off at rehearsals, she mentioned that she had not eaten yet.  Kill me now.  Luckily, we left a little early because there is a wine and music fest in our town we are staying in.  (on a side note, we had planned to go as a date, but the funeral was booked so I did not get to go.  Going alone is not my cup of tea)  Anyway, we stopped for Chick Fil A, and the kids ate while I ran the truck through the car wash to get the love bugs off - 3rd wash this week.

I still got her to rehearsals on time.  Then it was a trip to the bank to get our blow money cash and allowances.  I got the bad teller - she sighs heavily because she has to count out 5s and 1s.  Sometimes she has to get it from the safe and she just looks at me like I am going to say, "Oh, don't worry about it."  They are a bank!  At least my transaction is straight forward unlike the others that don't know their account numbers AND then have no money in it when they are asking for cash.

Moving on - next stop was Office Depot.  I needed a chair mat so I did not ruin the rental's hardwood AND mine.  It was pricy, but given I use for daily for years - the $50 was fine.  The office chairs were on sale, and I decided to get one.  The one I have is split open 5 different places and the padding has long since disintigraded so I am sitting on a board.  This chair is very comfortable and drops at the tail bone which took pressure off it.  It was 50% off and I got a 10% loyalty discount.  So, this awesome office chair was only $80.   I also picked up some friction pens (on sale) for my sewing.

After that was Lowe's to get the drawer pulls and knobs for the cabinets.  I ended up also getting the mailbox and numbers for that as well as a trash can.

DS got sick at Lowe's, so I dealt with that, then we headed to the libary.  It was a quick run in and check out from the hold shelf.  He stayed in the truck.  He was fine - I think something didn't settled right on his stomach.

We went back to the rental, and I unloaded the dishwasher, folded the towels, and built the chair.  Put on potatoes because we were having baked potatoes and salad for dinner.

I left to pick up DD - back to town.  Got back, threw together the salad, and the toppings for the potatoes.  While we were eating, DH called, so I talked to him a while.

Then I cleaned the kitchen and decided that I need to cut the tshirts for the next quilt.

I think I will call it quits tonight and watch the Hallmark Channel.  I miss my DH severly.  We don't spend nights away from each other - very, very rarely and we have been apart 5 days in the past 2 months.

I know other couple spend lots of time apart and I know they have it worse than we do.  It does not make us like spending time apart any less.

Tomorrow is a work day for me - I really need to get one quilt almost done. I have to run to the new house just to check.  I was not able to get there today.

Chili is on the menu tomorrow!  Plus I get to sleep in.  YEAH!!!

Gratitude:  I am so grateful for my 19 year old son and my 13 year old son, they both have the ability to make me stomach laugh even when I am sad.  They are truly beautiful people!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a busy day! It doesn't bother me to be apart from DH once in awhile, at all LOL. I'm going to be gone from Wed - Sunday week after next. He'll miss me more than I miss him - only because I wait on him, haha! Our neighbor friends across the street see each other for 2 weeks and then he is gone for 2 weeks. I guess he mentioned to her the other day he was thinking of trying to find a new job near home and she was like "no your not!" LOL.

    ReplyDelete

Namaste