Monday, June 19, 2017

Overwhelming week ahead

It was a rough weekend for us emotionally.  Darrell decided to have his depression about our situation, but unfortunately, I am still in it, so needless to say, it was not a good weekend.  We do not yell and scream at each other - ours is a quiet sort of dance.  The air is very tense though and the kids felt it.

We are not done with it yet, but this week pushes on whether we are or not.  Unfortunately, there is no time to talk about it either.

As we speak, both my sister and my college boy are barrelling toward us.  My sister is staying in a hotel and daughter will stay with her.  College boy will be here though and we are hoping to talk to him about his decision to change majors.  He went from cyber engineering to psychology.  I don't have a problem with psychology, we just need to know what he is doing with it.  We have not been able to talk to him since he changed - around beginning of May.

This would not be too bad, except now - my in-laws are coming this week as well!  I love them, don't get me wrong, but I have to be a little more "on" with them and given that the beginning of the week is full with visiting, I am going to be exhausted before they get here.  People drain me really badly - I mean really badly.

It is one thing to have a house though, but I just have an RV!  Cooking is difficult, but actually eating it harder.  It is insanely hot around here, so eating outside is not really an option and who wants to eat out breakfast, lunch and dinner?

On top of this, we have a major change in the plans for the house with a new bedroom, so I need to be onsite this week since the framing is going in.  Also, the concrete is being poured for the shed and I am the general contractor on that part.

Darrell has taken off a little time, but he cannot take off too much.  He and I are getting away in August and he has to take off days for the house - there are key days when the builder wants us both there, plus the ending paperwork - it is not another closing, but we do have sign papers.

Wish me luck,  I may just sleep the whole day next Wednesday to recover!

The thing I keep thinking about is that when we get the house, I will be able to sleep ALL these people at one time!  Darrell's parents could stay on the RV, my sister could stay in the bedroom on top of the garage, and college boy could sleep on the fold out until someone left and then pick his room.  Darrell's Dad could putter in the shop and his Mom could work with me in the garden and kitchen.  We could sit on the patio in the cool shade with a bug free environment and relax.

Keeping my eye on the prize!

2 comments:

  1. I'm the same way - people drain me really bad too. Hope all goes well with your visit from family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sister down, College boy now living with us, in-laws still to come. I am exhausted with no end in sight. Well, not completely true - when the house is finished.

      Delete

Namaste