Wednesday, May 10, 2017

The Builder and a little fun

This morning, I got to sleep in.

The builder wanted to meet at the property to set stakes where the corner of the buildings will be and talk about trees. 

So, I let myself get a full night's sleep, easy morning - taking care of a few paperwork things, then meet the builder, go work on the quilt, leave and deliver another quilt, then have a drink with a few customers in the old neighborhood.  I need some down time - even if it is a drink with customers.

Well, the builder called and wanted to meet earlier.  Fine with me, but we were there for 3 1/2 hours!  There goes my time to work.  I sweated head to toe, plus all the bug spray.  No working for me - I have to leave in about 20 minutes to deliver the quilt.

The final numbers came for the closing - I have to set up the wiring of the funds.  Still closing on Friday!

Our builder said he wanted to have the foundation down in 2-3 weeks at the most!  We will be walking on our house very soon!  YEAH!!!

It really is an exciting part - the foundation.  Once it is poured, the house feels so small - like it is a doll house or something, but when the walls go in, it starts to look and feel infinitely better. 

I have found that others renew my sense of excitement for this build.  You get so caught up in the detail that you forget to step back.  Well, when I talk to people about it, they get excited either for me or the concept of them building a house one day. 

Today, I am dreaming again.

2 comments:

  1. So much for planning. However, all this means you will have a new home sooner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! 1 more quilt and I am done. It is very hard to work on it though - the house stuff has kicked into high gear and I just don't have the motivation to get it done!

      Delete

Namaste