Friday, March 17, 2017

Weekly Update - Week 7

Overall I am frustrated this week with so many things.  It seems as if everything is at a standstill and Darrell has to remind me that I move at warp speed, so I need to take it easy.  It is no wonder I married him - he is so easy going.  I would have probably had a heart attack if it were not for him.

1.  Suburb House -  All repairs are done!  FINALLY!  The house could use some really deep cleaning - way beyond the norm.  That will be done as we go though.

The real estate agent and photographer came and measured rooms, took pictures, etc.  There is a sign in the front yard, the key box in on the front door, but it is not on MLS yet and our local home finding website.  I am frustrated with that because it seems to take SOOOO LOOONG.  There are several open houses in this neighborhood this weekend and we could really use this house being up to get some of that traffic.  We will not hold an open house, but the serious lookers could schedule to look here.


I am finally done with the roof - sort of.  The last check from the insurance came it and the roofers picked it up yesterday.  Now, we just have to work out the roof warranty.  If we get a quick buyer, I can just put it in their name.  I don't think there is a enough time, but if we put it in our names, there is a real possibility it will not be completely processed by the time we close.  These companies have to make it so complicated.

 2. Land Home -  Last week, I posted the preliminary plans and although the end result will stay about the same, there are many small changes.  Well, I was getting no feedback on my questions, so I finally pressed and the builder gave us some poignant issues to consider.  We considered them, wrote back only to find out the designer is going out of town for a couple of weeks.  Sigh.


I started thinking and thinking about the ceiling in the living room and we decided that we did want a shallow vault with wood beams.  The builder said we would have to change the roof.  The designer originally said that there was enough room for a second story.  Which is it?  There are so many emails flying around and I work much better face to face with a conversation rather than in a thread with 3 people all throwing ideas around faster than any one can keep up with.  Darrell said when the designer is back, we are putting our foot down and making them sit down with me.  All of this can be decided on within 30 minutes - I have no doubt.

At this point, I highly doubt that we will have the land cleared in 8-10 weeks.  I am frustrated about this as well.  I could have had this house plan settled last week if they had just met with me.

4. RV Living - Darrell wants to start the RV this weekend, but I think we need to breath one weekend.  It is not looking like we will show this house this weekend, so we can just relax a bit.

5. Business - I finished one quilt and damn near finishing another one.  My back is really affecting my ability to sit at the machine and sew or stand and cut.  This is not good.

I have 10 quilts to make before we move and I listed them order of most number shirts to least number of shirts, so as we get closer to moving, the jobs will go faster.  I still have one Girl Scout troop to come in - embroidering their names and sewing the beginning patches.  As soon as are listed, I am sending her a link so she gets motivated to bring it to me, so I can get done with them!



My back is the absolute worse thing that could have happened to me this week.  Bad, bad, bad.  We have a Washington DC trip coming up quick and right now, there is no way in hell I can walk.  I am worried as all get out - which is not helping it, I am sure.

It is a double-edge sword, rest, light stretching, let it heal and get behind in work - making me have to push harder when I start back up OR - work through the pain and it take longer to heal - still going slow, but making progress.

It has been a LONG time since I have had problems like this - about 5-6 years.  I never thought I would go back.

Well, I am going to go ahead and call the chiropractor.  Maybe he can help this!

2 comments:

  1. I hope your back gets better soon! I get so impatient waiting on other people so I understand your frustration, sometimes all it takes is a quick phone call/meeting to get something done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take a deep breath. All these things will happen in due time. On a side note, my husband had to remind me of the very same thing when we were selling/buying a new home. Never happens quite fast enough! lol

    ReplyDelete

Namaste