Tuesday, February 21, 2017

The Drama Ensues

Well, we decided this past weekend to have a garage sale this coming weekend, even though our neighborhood does not allow them.  We have some rather large pieces of furniture to get rid of.  We are not looking for a large amount of money, just for someone to take them off our hands and we can line our pockets with a little something.

So, the packing in earnest has commenced.  I packed up almost all my business items.  Only what I need to make the quilts and one last embroidery order that I committed to MONTHS ago.  Also and entire extra large Expidit shelf from IKEA, a large tv/dresser type armoire, a regular dresser, a sofa and a dining table - oh and 4 barstools.  Whew!  It is mainly to sell these things.  The rest has already been filtered down from the first move, but any extraneous things will go to charity.

I am meeting the builder at the land tomorrow and putting more into storage.

Things were moving right along when

BAM!

Oldest child, Matt, was kicked out of his living situation.  Long story short, about 1 1/2 weeks ago, he told his roommates that they might want to stop doing so much cocaine, that they seemed to be addicted.

Lo and behold, he has found himself without a place to live again.  Sigh.

This time, I cannot literally cannot help him.  My college boy is coming home for spring break (he is on the quarter system, not semester system) and needs a place to rest.  He had a VERY rough quarter.  We were putting off listing the house until he went back to college - at which point, I am moving into his room because the room I am working in is actually a formal dining area.

This means that neither my oldest or my college will have a place to live in two weeks with us. We will be listing, then living in the RV.  So, I have to literally kick my son out on Friday.  Now, before you get all upset about it - he has his father's side of the family that ALL live here.  He could easily go stay with them.

But no, he wants to move to Kansas (Topeka, he thinks).  Bad idea, he is on long term medication that would be very difficult to manage without a job.

Now he trying to room with a friend from high school that won't be available to room until August at the earliest.

He needs something right now.

More stress added to more stress.

However, we are not stopping our process.  We are listing in 2 weeks, and hoping to be in a contract before April.  That is final!

8 comments:

  1. I wouldn't get upset with you at all. You have done enough for this kid. Let him see how far he can pull this with his father. Best of luck. Mental illness is a bear, isn't it? Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - yes, mental illness is just awful.

      Delete
  2. There are times you have no choice but to practice tough love. Not easy, but usually for the best for all those involved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we will have to do that. I think we are putting it off for just a little bit during this transition time.

      Delete
  3. He needs to sort it out for himself, sometimes its a good thing when they have to do that. That is learning how to be an adult

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is. I do play too much of a role. It is very difficult when he puts himself in my face, my garage and my house. Sigh. He is learning slowly, but learning.

      Delete
  4. I have to give accolades to your son. Living with druggies is precarious at best and he spoke up about their drug use. It sounds like your son has his share of issues but it also sounds like he has his head on right. Just tell him to move in with his dad, give him a pat on the back and don't worry about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He did do a very good thing by getting out of that situation. Hopefully, this new chapter will be much better.

      Delete

Namaste