Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Tuesday's mind

I think I am doing everything I can to keep from working today, which equals to a whole lot of nothing!  My back and hip is killing me and I just want to veg out.  I have a little bit of burn out, but only because I am burning the candle at both ends.  We are planning a little get away next weekend, so that will help.

My Black Friday deals are not going too well, but, that's ok.  I am super busy and sometimes the marketing helps keep the name out there.  I need to take stock and change my tactic for future marketing projects.

As for Thanksgiving, we like keep it simple.  Holidays were very awful for me growing up, so I tend to want to over-plan and make it special, then get depressed and not do anything.  It is so odd.  So, over the past oh, 20 years or more, I have learned that keeping it low key is the best.  The holiday happens (as opposed to me completely shutting down), and the pressure is lessened on everyone.  There is no drama - thank goodness!

We are having some friends over - we all get along wonderfully and though part of me is dreading it, with my back being the way it is, I think it will be fine.  They tend to fancy it up, but I am goos-fra-ba ing it.  That is their issue - not mine.

So, with that, we are having Turkey!  This is my area.  I hate dry turkey, so I baste and remove from oven - SHOCK - before it is done!  Yes folks, it cooks even when you take it out of the oven!

Full menu that I know of right now:

Turkey
Stuffing
Cranberry sauce
Mashed Potatoes
Green Beans w/bacon
Fruit Salad
Deviled Eggs
Rolls
Banana Trifle
Pecan Pie

I think the others are bringing things, but they have not told me what yet.  Pretty simple - nothing fancy.  We will probably make soup with the left over turkey, if my oldest does not take the leftovers (I will offer push them on him).

I decided to make the day a little festive by putting up our Christmas Trees.  No other decor, just the trees.  We have a sentimental one - the biggest of them in the living room - the one with all the kids' ornaments from growing up.  Then we have two smaller ones - 1 holds all the Historical White House Ornaments and the other stores our travel ornaments - we have states, state parks, national parks, etc.  I LOVE THEM!!!!!

Anyone have multiple trees?

1 comment:

  1. That's a big menu! Sounds delicious. We're skipping the traditional meal this year (on vacation), so we will grill something. I'll miss it, and wish I could talk the rest of the family into turkey. :-)

    Enjoy the holiday with your family.

    ReplyDelete

Namaste